West Life™ Unsweetened Plain 16g Protein Smoothie Blend Pumpkin Praline Protein Oats
|vegan butter (or dairy butter)||1 teaspoon|
|light brown sugar||2 teaspoons|
|raw pecans||2 tablespoons|
|Pumpkin Protein Oats:|
|WEST LIFE™ Unsweetened Plain 16g||½ cup|
|old-fashioned rolled oats||½ cup|
|pumpkin puree||¼ cup|
|maple syrup||1-2 tablespoons|
|pumpkin pie spice||½ teaspoon|
|salt||a pinch (1/16th tsp.)|
- To make praline pecans, melt butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir frequently until melted and just beginning to bubble.
- Add pecans and stir constantly until pecans are coated and lightly toasted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a heat proof dish. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- To make the oats, combine WEST LIFE™ Unsweetened Plain 16g Protein Smoothie Blend and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add oats and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until oats are cooked and mixture has thickened. Add 2 tablespoons additional WEST LIFE™ Unsweetened Plain 16g Protein Smoothie Blend if oats become too thick.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a heat proof bowl. Top with praline pecans and enjoy immediately.
Makes 1 serving